From:
Flossie Rollhauser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 10:08:08 -0500
Pat, I have also had a couple of moms with vasospasm recently; both
developed it after prolonged bouts of sore nipples with apparent
multiple causes that are resolving for one and ongoing for another.
Although I have worked with a mom in the past who was treated with
nifedipine, both of these moms are trying B6 (a la Jack Newman)
currently (too soon to know if this will resolve the problem). With both
of these women the vasospasms seem to be sequelae (sp?) of the prolonged
nipple pain and trauma, but I have had other women in the past present
with this prenatally and/or with no hx of other pain or trauma. I
suspect that nifedipine is the better tx, but await the results of B6 tx
that these moms have chosen. I have not worked with anyone using
primrose oil for this.
Flossie Rollhauser, IBCLC, RLC