From:
Alison Jacobson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Mar 2009 01:09:05 -0500
Hi all.  I have read the (many) e-mails about Medela with a great deal of
interest.  It occurred to me as I was reading all this: "If the original 7
League Founders could hear/read these debates back when they were a
fledgling organization, they would have been so amazed!!!!"

Here we are arguing about the Code and it's principles, pumps, IBCLC ethics,
private versus corporate practice, breastfeeding, breastmilk feeding, AIM,
all these different options for mothers.

While I know that we have so much work to do as a profession, and
many debates to wade through, I can't help but think it's amazing how
far things have come.   The debates are more nuanced, more difficult to find
cohesion on at times.  But I feel so privileged to be part of a lactation
community that has fought hard to get to this point and even HAVE these
arguments.

Thank you.  I learn something new everyday from the wonderful ladies on this
list. (And the occasional gentleman.  :) )

Alison Jacobson
(who is in Mary Sunshine mode partially because of the glorious spring
weather in Cleveland)