From:
Christina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2007 08:29:05 -0700
Anecdotally...

I suffered from horrific vasospasm when I was pregnant (it was the very
first pregnancy symptom I had and continued right through the pregnancy and
into the first few months after birth).  One thing that helped me instantly
(whereas everything else seemed to take time) was the use of a hair dryer.
I would use it over my clothes so as not to get burned, but this helped
right away.  (Obviously this technique only worked when I was in my own
home.)  I had these vasospasms so badly that I couldn't even go grocery
shopping without warm packs because as soon as I hit the refrigertors and
freezers, I'd die.  One day I had it so bad I simply had to walk away from
my cart and leave, nearly doubled over in pain.  I sought refuge in my car
and cranked up the heat.  Interesting thread... I've never met another woman
who knew anything about vasospasm.  People used to look at me like I was
nuts when I described the pain and location.

Christina Harris, RN
Seattle, WA