Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2007 09:17:12 -0700
We're military (well hubby did his 20 years and got out in 2003 but
still works for a contractor on base doing basically the same job) and
in the squadron my husband works with, when a female enlisted gets
pregnant, she if often put in the Geedunk to work (if she's in a
mechanic type of position where there could be possible danger with
climbing, heavy machinery, etc).  So he has an opportunity to talk to
these gals when he goes to get a snack during his shift.  He has taken
LLL pamphlets for our local LLL group to these moms, given them info
about the Bradley Method classes, proudly boasted about my BFing our
three kids and our home births, and given them our home phone number if
they want to call and have me counsel them pre or post birth.  He's kind
of got a bit of a reputation around work now!  One of the guys appeared
at my DH's desk a few weeks back and said "I heard you might now
something about breastfeeding".  His wife was having problems and for
whatever reason she was too shy to call me or go to a LLL meeting so the
husband asked my husband who called me and my hubby relayed the info.
He said he's already told the guy what I told him to say but he said
"She says what I just told you so I was right" but he also added some
extra words of encouragement!  It's so neat to see that our families
pick up on these things and it shows how just quietly going about our
business does have an impact on people even if we don't think that
anyone notices or cares.

Margo