From:
Linda Pohl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 1995 21:51:06 -0700
Hi! I need your enlightened thoughts.  At my breastfeeding store we are
having a World Breastfeeding day celebration and I sent out press releases.
They never worked before so I was very surprised and elated to hear that the
local CBS affiliate will be here to cover the event at 1pm tomorrow.  Now,
on the teaser for the 5pm news tomorrow, they are saying "Yes, breastfeeding
is good but, is it proper to breastfeed in public?"

I am hoping this will be a positive piece and they will want to see some of
the nursing fashions that make it easier but, I want to be prepared in case
they take the other position.  Any thoughts you all have will be
appreciated, I have never had to defend breastfeeding on television before now.

Linda Pohl, IBCLC
Phoenix AZ