From:
Denise Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 2004 22:16:38 +1000
At 02/08/0412:08 AM-0400, you wrote:
>of the original MTV VJs, just announced that it was World Breastfeeding Week
>and that her friend with a new baby was surely celebrating that it was WBW.
>It was actually quite nice...she said it so matter-of-factly, no giggling or
>protestations of why we would need such a thing, just a simple statement.

Hey a similar thing happened to me just this evening.  I was driving to our
State BFHI committee meeting and on the radio they were mentioned the
Australian Breastfeeding Assn's BreastFest.  Mothers and babies will be
going to see Shrek 2 and breastfeeding during the movie.  They discussed
how it would be monitored for recording purposes, and not a giggle or
implication of anything weird in the whole discussion.
Gee don't tell me we are beginning to make inroads in public opinion -
don't know if I can handle it.
Another example of changing public opinion I had was coming home from ILCA
I had numerous things (such as a change of clothes in case my luggage got
lost!!) stuffed into my Breastfeeding a Gift for Life calico bag that I
bought at ILCA.  The number of women who commented on it and told me their
very positive breastfeeding stories was amazing .. so many in fact that I
nearly considered putting it away - the delays were getting a bit long. ;-)

Denise
Qld Aussie