Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2009 10:39:00 -0500

Kim,
I have often posted about using magnesium with OAMER, mastitis, recurrent plugged ducts, blebs and Reynauds.
I also tell moms to have their vit D levels tested, as vit D is essential for absorption of mag. I am also very specific
about the mag used. IMO, Natural Calm is the best choice. The side-effect of taking Natural Calm is that  moms are
---calmer--and they sleep much more efficiently. I would also evaluate her zinc intake and her EFAs. I have moms
apply coconut oil topically as well.

 Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA
Intuitive Parenting Network LLC

Hi all,
I have recently seen a mom - second baby 9 days old, had severe nipple pain
for months with last child- after correcting latch, ruling out yeast, raynauds
suspected and improved dramatically with nifedipine 30 mg daily. This time
mom is not getting complete relief with this alone. Baby is well latched and no
yeast issues at this point. Can anyone comment on other things she could try.
I have read a few posts in the archives about magnesium. Any luck with this
and if so what is the dosage?
She had tried Vit B but no luck last time .
Thanks for any advice. This mom is very committed but having lots of nipple
discomfort.
Kim Scott RNBN IBCLC
Miramichi NB
Canada