From:
Kim & Shorty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 07:51:20 -0400
I thought I would share my favourite teaching story. As I only work in paid
employment part time I often have other doctors calling me up for advice re
breastfeeding patient management problems at home. With 3 children to
chauffer aroung I am often not at home when the phone rings. I arrived home
one evening to find my husband  busily giving advice about position,
attachment and engorgement to a doctor I didn't know.I listened without him
knowing I was home and was gob-smacked by how much good information he was
giving. All the more surprising since the man is a Royal Australian Air
Force F-111 [fast jet] Test Pilot and usually seems pretty absorbed by all
that technobabble that keeps these sort of guys intrigued. Despite the
seemingly overwhelming evidence to the contrary, he must listen to me
[about breastfeeding, if nothing else !} I wished that I could have seen
the reaction of thatdoctor when he found out what his advisor really did
for a living.
Dr Kim Short MBBS IBCLC
Brisbane,Queensland
{East Coast} Australia
Where I really do have Koalas in trees outside my office as the Airforce
Base is a sanctuary for koalas