Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 13:03:51 EDT
Ann asks,

<< Is this mom still pregnant, or are you seeing her postpartum?
 There was a case I saw many years ago of a young pregnant girl on Haldol
 who's breast enlarged so quickly they did surgery to relieve the pain.
 Is she on any medications?
 Hope you can help her. >>

When I first saw her (Friday) she was about 15 hours postpartum.  She had
started pumping, but was getting no milk whatsoever.  Saw her again Saturday
about 24 hours later.  Breasts no softer, but she felt they were getting
larger.  :>(

Her husband picked up a BIG hospital grade pump and a larger flange from me.
We were using olive oil on the nipples & areola because pumping was
uncomfortable, and she said that made a difference.  Dad said still no milk
production after 48 hours of pumping at least 8 times a day.

Jan