Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 09:25:48 -0500
To all Canadian Lactnetters,

Last week as part of "National Child Day", Invest in Kids (looks like big
money trying to be "good corporate citizens) put a full page ad in the
National Post thanking all those who contributed to some fundraiser.  The ad
shows the names of the companies who are part of this group down the right
hand side of the ad (there are actually quite a few US companies on the
list, including United Airlines, and Citibank).  The rest of the ad is
blank, except for a baby bottle in the lower right hand corner.  I have
already sent a letter to the National Post [log in to unmask]
However, the newspaper may not have had any part of the ad itself.  It is a
very right wing newspaper, though.

The ad contains a phone number for "Invest in Kids" which is 1 888 543-3863.
I think the investment they mean is getting money from selling more formula.
Maybe Canadians can let them know what they think of this ad.

Jack Newman, MD, FRCPC