Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Nov 2008 10:29:02 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (24 lines)
Hi Ann Marie,  I am not sure if this has already been a reply, since I have little time to sift 
through all of the posts, at the present time, but I am curious about how long the feedings 
usually are for?  Short feeds (10-15 minutes) are associated with overproduction, and high 
lactose load, which can cause gassiness, not acting satisfied, fussiness, ect., and, also can 
be associated with poor weight gain, which is not always the case, as far as the weight gain 
part.  But, at any rate, lactose overload is not the same as lactose allergy, which is rare.  
So, to help correct this problem, feed 3-4 times in a row, at the same breast, then switch, 
which will increase the consumption of more of the higher fat milk, which will help alleviate 
the gassiness.  It may (or may not) be anything to do with any of the foods that you are 
consuming, but I would be willing to bet a dime to a donut (pardon the pun), that it is not.
(?)  I hope I am not speaking out of line here, but I would be very curious about the feeding 
patterns that are occurring.  Joann C.

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2