Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 11:53:49 -0000
CLE;
While in theory it would help 'our' job and increase our efforts toward
BFriendly...I think that a manager's role is to support, direct, and
Manage.  The Trust in a Lactation Person's skills, knowledge, experience is
what is needed.  We don't expect a manager to be educated as a Physcian in
making sure patient's are managed correctly do we?  We do expect the
manager to have the patient's best interest at heart.  Sometimes, this
unfortunately means making inappropriate/uniformed decisions.  That is why
it is up to us Lactation people to again Educate, Educate, Educate, and
build that trust in our decisions, etc. (Backing up all we say with
evidence if needed!!)

Just MHO
Lucy