Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 23:04:50 EDT
In a message dated 8/16/00 5:45:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< Gretchen,
 I wonder if Motrin would be more appropriate that prednisone for this mom's
 hip, since it is both pain relieving and non-inflammatory. Also, ask her if
 she would be willing to see a reiki practitioner.  Reiki is energy work that
 promotes rapid healing, and decreases pain with no side effects.  If she does
 not know where to find reiki treatments, have her call licensed massage
 therapists. One of them may do reiki, or be able to refer her to a reiki
 practitioner.  This work can be done in addition to her medications, and she
 won't need them as long.  Good luck.  Shirley Morris, RN, IBCLC, LMT, Reiki
 Master >>
Thank you Shirley. No one has responded to my post about this particular
medication specifically, so any alternative info is more than welcome by this
mom!

Gretchen Andrews, BA, IBCLC
The Lactation Connection
private practice, So. Calif, USA