Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 21:50:12 -0800
Yes, I remember being upset by that as well.  Especially since I saw the
couple on a talk show right after they were found (before the movie) and
Jennifer said then that after being checked out the dr. said that the baby
wasn't even dehydrated.  She said that was glad that she hadn't completely
weaned because of it.

>>>There is one movie I particularily remember being dismayed at:
"Snowbound:  The Jim and Jennifer Stolpa Story", a 1994 made-for-TV
movie.  You can see/read more on the international movie database:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111225/

I gather it is based on a real story so maybe it was hard to change
any of it, or maybe they did, not too sure.  But they get lost in a
storm with a baby who is in the process of being weaned (can't
remember exactly how old he is...9 months maybe?) and she tries
breastfeeding him but says "I don't have any more milk" without trying
much, and he (and the mom) are admitted to hospital for
dehydration/exposure after they are rescued and the first thing the
dad promises the baby is the "biggest bottle he's ever seen".  :-(<<<