From:
Janet Bryant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 13:06:34 -0600
I have attempted to search the archives without luck.  I have a mother whose
milk will not freeze.  I recall that being discussed here but can not locate
the information.  Any help would be appreciated.  Infant is an ex 25 weeker
with a birth weight of 771gms.  Currently 36 days old with a weight of 1.234
kg.  Infants family is from India and are currently here while dad is in
school.  The breastmilk froze without difficulty up until approx. 1 week
ago.  Mom reports no changes in diet.  She is taking no medications.  We are
at a loss.  This infant is a "fragile" pretermer.  We have frozen milk
stored for current use but need to know what to do with this milk.  TIA
Janet Bryant, RN, BSN, IBCLC
Arkansas Children's Hospital