From:
Anna Swisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2006 18:59:22 -0500
Jan, my suggestion would be that this mother give a copy of Hale & Berens'
Clinical Therapy in BF Patients to the OB. Dr. Berens presents on breast
problems frequently, and is very up-to-date on lactation issues.
When I attended one session 6/2004, she said that MRSA is on the increase,
and if a mother has mastitis 2x in her practice, she cultures. Perhaps this
mother could ask her OB to contact Dr. Berens, or maybe she could pay for a
phone consultation to have Dr. Berens contact the OB, Dr. Behinda Times ;-).
It sounds like this is a determined mother, and she should not put up with
this answer and sorry care from her OB. The more women start to demand
lactation support from their HCPs, the better care they will begin to
receive.

Okay, calming down now.

Anna Swisher, MBA, IBCLC
Abundant Blessings