Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 09:43:07 EST
Hi, I was just wondering this after I left a message at my hospital lactation
center for my collegue. Our voice message states the usual, hours of
operation,leave your name...but then we say If this is an emergency, please
call your physician or go to the emergency room.
Every time I hear this it bothers me, however, I've been told this is a
liability thing and that is why we add it to our message. However with all
the negative messages a mom gets regarding breastfeeding, IE: keep a log,
some formula just in case... then to call with a question or a problem and be
given an alarmist impression, that further may erode a new Mom's confidence.
Do other hospital LC centers do this? Any thoughts?
Maria Winschel, IBCLC Naples, FL