Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 12:23:19 -0500
The holiday spirit has struck us a bit early here at Miami-Dade WIC this
year :-)  An inspired mood hit us the other day, and before you knew it,
we'd written our own adaptation of the Twelve Days of Christmas, with the
theme of how we become detached from our babies.  Enjoy:

TWELVE DAYS OF DETACHMENT *

On the first day of Christmas my family gave to me a crib in the other room.

On the second day of Christmas my family gave to me 2 playpens and a crib in
the other room.

On the third day of Christmas my family gave to me three Ferber books, 2
playpens and a crib in the other room.

On the fourth day of Christmas my family gave to me four monitors, three
Ferber books, 2 playpens and a crib in the other room.

On the fifth day of Christmas my family gave to me five pacifiers, four
monitors, three Ferber books, 2 playpens and a crib in the other room.

On the sixth day of Christmas my family gave to me six types of bottles,
five pacifiers, four monitors, three Ferber books, 2 playpens and a crib in
the other room.

On the seventh day of Christmas my family gave to me seven cans of formula,
six types of bottles, five pacifiers, four monitors, three Ferber books, 2
playpens and a crib in the other room.

On the eighth day of Christmas my family gave to me eight hours of colic,
seven cans of formula, six types of bottles, five pacifiers, four monitors,
three Ferber books, 2 playpens and a crib in the other room.

On the ninth day of Christmas my family gave to me nine doctor visits, eight
hours of colic, seven cans of formula, six types of bottles, five pacifiers,
four monitors, three Ferber books, 2 playpens and a crib in the other room.

On the tenth day of Christmas my family gave to me ten weeks of wheezing,
nine doctor visits, eight hours of colic, seven cans of formula, six types
of bottles, five pacifiers, four monitors, three Ferber books, 2 playpens
and a crib in the other room.

On the eleventh day of Christmas my family gave to me eleven months of
crying, ten weeks of wheezing, nine doctor visits, eight hours of colic,
seven cans of formula, six types of bottles, five pacifiers, four monitors,
three Ferber books, 2 playpens and a crib in the other room.

On the Twelfth Day of Christmas my family gave to me twelve months of
depression, eleven months of crying, ten weeks of wheezing, nine doctor
visits, eight hours of colic, seven cans of formula, six types of bottles,
five pacifiers, four monitors, three Ferber books, 2 playpens and a crib in
the other room.

"Thoughts on how we become detached" written by: Heidi Lunn MS IBCLC,
Merritt James, Cheryl Lorie and Regina Roig-Lane BS IBCLC.