From:
Teresa Pitman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 09:06:53 -0500
I spent Friday night with my grandson, his mother, and a group of other
friends, several of them with nursing babies. Sebastian (my grandson) is now
just over 3 months old. We never count up all the times he nurses, but I
would say it must be at least once an  hour and often more. Sometimes he
nurses, and then burps and gets the hiccups, so he goes back to the breast
to get rid of the hiccups, and then she changes his diaper and he wants to
nurse again after that, and then he looks around and we play with him until
he gets tired, and then he nurses again until he falls asleep.

The other babies - in varying sizes - were doing much the same thing, so
none of us worried about it.

Frankly, I would  have been surprised and amazed if any of mine had been
feeding as infrequently as every 2 hours by nine weeks.

Teresa Pitman
Guelph, Ontario