From:
Cindy Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 1997 21:15:45 -0500
Dear Listmates,

I need help with something Im not very experienced with. I had a call
from a mom today that is coming to see me on Tues morning that has a 2
year old that until about 4 weeks ago was nursing 6 - 8 times a day,
recently mom reports that the child is "nursing funny" pulling her
nipple harder and when she lets go there are tooth marks on the top of
moms aerola from the childs top teeth and the nipple is bent down at an
angle, mom says the nursing is not excruciating but it is uncomfortable,
chile is cutting bottom incisors during this time. Mom wants to continue
nursing  until child is ready to stop but does not feel that she can
continue with the child nursing this way...If I cant help her fix this
she plans to wean the child asap and she does not want to do this.

Do any of you have any tips  or advice for me? I would appreciate any
information and experience that you have with this.

THANK YOU very much.

Cindy~~~~
--
                 * Cindy Curtis RN IBCLC            *