From:
Padamson5 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 May 2013 14:30:58 -0700
We saw several new pumps at the USLCA conf. There were 3 (I think) new pump companies in add'n to Ameda, Hygeia, & Bailey. All claimed the 40-60 cycling and 50-250 vacuum as minimums. All had closed system kits; one with filters & 2 with diaphragms. Don't know if the innards were pistons or not. If memory serves, 2 were rentals with purchased pumps available. One was a purchased pump; no rental version available.
What I might do is ask mom to bring her pump to me and I will help her use it. And I'd put a vacuum gauge on it (just as soon as I buy one).
LC conversation: ins co's expect their DMEs to teach pump use. "Yeah, like DMEs can teach how to use a nebulizer! NOT!"

Phyllis

Phyllis Adamson
Arizona