From:
Hotheaded Red <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 18:16:45 -0500
At 05:33 PM 3/11/97 -0500, you wrote:

>milk can increase the calorie value by expressing or pumping a bit, letting
>the cream rise, then using the cream to add calories.
>
>As for the case described, if the facts are as stated and I were the mother
>involved I would RUN, not walk, to the nearest exit and spend my healthcare
>dollars ELSEWHERE.

Thanks Margery. I couldn't agree more.  To top it off, I suggested this
baby may have been reacting to dairy in mom's diet, and she was adamant
that this wasn't the trouble (babe had some mucousy, but not bad-smelling
stools).  Today i find out her babe has eczema, and may have a dairy
allergy.....

sheesh.... glad to be able to vent where it can be appreciated. :(  Of
course Doc had her on plain cow's milk ABM, so she is off to buy some Soy
ABM now.... :(  She is so disempowered by the whole thing.

I did send her info about possibly adding cream instead to rise calories...
maybe she will try it, or perhaps she will ask her HCP why HE didn't
suggest it.

Thanks again Margery!
Heidi Murphy
Peer Counselor, BSN Student