Date:
Sun, 27 May 2001 17:14:47 EDT
Question for y'all on the list:

I'm hoping I'm going to phrase this right to get the "right" answer....bear
w/ me a minute here.  At what point in the bf process (1 month, 3 months, 6
months -- whatever) have you found that galactogogues are not effective --
I'm talking about herbals (fenugreek, More Milk, Blessed or Milk Thistle,
Reglan, Domperidone)?

Second part to the question:  How long will you keep a mother on said
galactogogues before you determine they are not working?

Third part to the question:  What do you start with if you decide she needs
an extra boost, and what do you go to?

(I am making the bold assumption that all other things are in place -- good
latch, good suck, frequent enough breastfeeds, br compression, perhaps extra
stimulation thru hand expression or pumping).

Gosh, I hope this made sense.  If not, I'll try and clarify.  (I just read an
article today in the Chicago Tribune about sleep deprivation, and yup -- I've
got it.....so my brain isn't working as well as it once did).

Jan Barger, RN, MA, IBCLC -- Wheaton IL - Where it is alternating between
sun/cold/rain/sun -
Lactation Education Consultants
www.lactationeducationconsultants.com