From:
Morgan Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 2010 15:09:36 +0100
I don't get angry if it's someone not involved in the field, or not in a
position to know.

But when it's people who are paid, and who take money off us, to do
'good work', in the area of baby health in resource poor areas, I do get
angry.

Not being fully informed of the facts, when you decide to go meddle in
other people's lives, for whatever reason, is patronising and arrogant.

Heaven knows, if you set yourself up as a saviour of babies, you should
damn well be aware of UNICEF and WHO guidelines!

Africa, in particular, has suffered terribly for centuries, from such
Western ego.  That's before we get to breast implants being sent as
medical aid after a tsunami...

First, do no harm...

Anger is a nice, healthy emotion.  Now't wrong with a bit of anger, to
fuel the passion on _doing_ something, rather than talking about it.  ;-)

Morgan Gallagher