From:
"Musial, Robin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 11:38:27 -0500
Quick introduction.  I am Robin Musial a RN and certified lactation
consultant from Columbus Indiana.  I have just recently resubscribed to
lactnet after being off for a couple years because I was overwhelmed with
the volume of posts and trying to keep up with my new job.  I have new
settled into my new job and resubscribed.  I work as a full time LC for a
hospital that delivers 1500 babies a year.  I also have a 1/2 time co worker
to help me manage our breastfeeding population.
We had a mom call this morning who was told by her dentist that the filling
in her tooth is desolving and she is ingesting "a break down of the alloy"
into her system and the dentist told her to contact her MD about the safety
of continuing to breastfeed her baby.  The baby is 9 months old mainly
nursing or taking expressed breastmilk along with some of solids.  She is
going to have the filling fixed tomorrow and wondered if she needs to pump
and dump and for how long.
Any one out there run into this before or can offer suggestions?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This e-mail message, including all attachments, is for the sole use of the
information. You may NOT use, disclose, copy or disseminate this
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender by reply e-mail immediately.  Please destroy all copies of the
original message and all attachments. Your cooperation is greatly
appreciated.
Columbus Regional Hospital
2400 East 17th Street
Columbus, Indiana 47201