Date:
Sat, 22 Oct 2005 16:42:01 -0700
hi wise ones,
I am working with a mom with a baby that isnt gaining well, he averages
3oz gain a week. we age doing all the usual intake boosting tricks, but
her ped adamantly wants baby supplemented with AIM. she has the mom
pumping 1oz after each feed and adding powder AIM to the breastmilk. i
advised mom to talk to the dietitian that she sees on Monday. i  talked
to her about looking for concentrated urine and signs of hypernatremia.
it just sounds dangerous to me that she is supposed to supplement the 12
times a day the baby feeds with 1oz aim powder and breastmilk, that is
about half his daily intake!!!!

katieIBCLC