From:
Terriann Shell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 15:08:52 -0800
Last night, I was at a party and met a woman (wife of a veterinarian) who, when finding out what I do, said she was taking a supplement of "immune response factor" which boosts your immunity.  She said it comes from cow colostrum (I've heard of something like colostrum tablets before).  How could it survive all the processing it must have gone through to become a supplement?

Of course I was dumbfounded when she said it was recommended that this be given to infants and I blurted out that the infant will never get a cow disease again. She wasn't amused and didn't get the point.   But, this woman was convinced that this "immune response factor" would replace the need to breastfeed.

Anyone hear of this?

Terriann Shell
Big Lake, AK