Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Mar 2009 15:27:16 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (52 lines)
I have seen several references to "promotional" flanges.  What is that?  I've seen some breast pump one-piece flanges on sale at Target etc.  But those are the standard 24 mm flanges.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lactation Information and Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lee Galasso
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 6:08 PM
Subject: Re: Intentions/ Medela and Code

Susan Burger wrote:  Dear all and Lee:  It is always impossible to really read intentions, but my suspicion is that Medela is providing the promotional parts to PROMOTE their products.  I cannot see any benefit to them giving out promotional samples that cause harm.  That would be completely counterproductive.

Lee now:

Susan, I agree that Medela would not deliberately set out to harm and that it would be counterproductive.  However, I was reacting to what you said in
the original post:   "Time after time I have seen how those slightly
narrower openings in the promotional breast shields cause more pain and the slightly narrower tubes cause more pain."

That is where care needs to be taken before a product is changed and put in use.

Nikki Lee wrote:  While Lee feels that Medela deliberately makes its promotional flanges a bit uncomfortable to force a mother to buy more product, Susan says this doesn't make sense.

Lee now:  Nikki please be careful with the above.  I DID NOT say that.  What I wrote and I quote my question to Susan in my post:  "Medela deliberately produces free samples that have NARROWER shields and tubes, and are causing HARM?"  Medela is singular; however, when I wrote ".are causing HARM?" it was plural because I was referring back to "NARROWER shields and tubes."
There was no comment on my part as to WHY Medela was producing those narrower parts.

The above are perfect examples of how written communication can be misunderstood and/or misquoted.

Very concerned,

Lee Galasso, MS, LLLL, IBCLC, RLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail 2. To start it again: set lactnet mail 3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet 4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2