From:
Pat Bull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 1998 17:52:16 -0500
Liz and Netters,

Serratia is a pathogen--- disease-producing microorganism, a family of
Enterobacteriaceae.  That was one of the many organisms that we hoped not
to find in breast milk when we did culturing for the Milk Bank.  I have to
admit that on occasion, it would show up.
Just got called downstairs by my daughter "Mom, come quick.  They are BF on
TV".  Channel 5 news had fairly good coverage of the working mother,
breastfeeding and pumping.  They also mentioned about Baby -Friendly
hospitals.  It really is nice to see BF info finally making it all over the
journals, papers, TV shows and news.  Have a good weekend everyone.
"When action grows unprofitable, gather information;  when information
grows unprofitable, sleep."  Ursula K. LeGuin

Pat Bull, RN, IBCLC
The Breastfeeding Connection/Medela
Naperville, IL