From:
Kathryne Bredbeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:00:07 -0700
It sounds just like the indications for the remedy Alumina:

"difficult passage of soft sticky stools" (Panos & Heimlich,
_Homeopathic Medicine at Home_, 134).  Mentions to stop using aluminum
cookware.  Also potential exposure (not listed) would be vaccines,
underarm deodorant, and water supply.

"Even a soft stool is passed with difficulty.  Great straining
Constipation of infants....Evacuation preceded by painful urging long
before stool, and then straining at stool.  (Boericke's _Materia
Medica_ p 27-9)  It also notes that it is worse from Potatoes.

Dose recommended by Boericke is 6th to 30th and higher.  Notes that
"Action is slow in developing."

We've used 30c down to 6c with great success for one of our little
ones---can dissolve in tsp of water and give via syringe or you can get
teeny tiny pellets from Washington Homeopathics.  Or my homeopath (not
ND, not MD, just a homeopath) thinks that homeopathics pass through
breastmilk to baby's benefit.  I think the dose directly to baby works
better.

Sincerely,
Katie Bredbeck
mama, lactivist, homeopathic student