Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2006 12:11:29 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (17 lines)
My question is: how did those HCPs (who are now insisting that LDs not contradict them and are citing the Scope of Practice as their reason) learn about the SOP?  Many LCs (especially those who did not recertify this year and are not on Lactnet) haven't even heard about it.  I have always been very leery about LN postings hinting at some conspiracy or another, but it this case, I am left with some nagging questions.  Just who are the non-LC representatives currently on the IBLCE board?  Is there any possibility that any of them have other ulterior interests?  I cedrtainly hope not!  Could any of them have "leaked" this "ammunition" to their colleagues?  Is there a movement to  squelch LC's?  Inquiring minds want and need to know.  I have held back in saying this, and I am sure I will be flamed for voicing it now, but I doubt that this would have happened while Joanne was at the helm.  She must be rolling over in her grave at this turn of events!

Whatever comes of this, I feel that all IBCLCs should be informed IN WRITING before implementation of any pol;icies, statements, etc. that may impact on their practice.  I know of several IBCLCs who do not have ready access to the internet and who did not recertify this year that were completely in the dark about this issue.  I am sure there are many more out there.  Yet, they would have been held to any such standards and/or statements since "ignorance is no excuse" if their practice would have been questioned in any court.

Winnie

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET email list is powered by LISTSERV (R).
There is only one LISTSERV. To learn more, visit:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2