From:
Janice Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 10:20:41 -0600
(We were mentioned on The View today, and they will discuss it tomorrow (Wednesday) - I had the details typed below, but not sent out yet, when today's show came on.  I thought they would ignore us, but I guess not.
Too busy still working on this to post more now, but wanted to give the heads up for those that can still catch today's show, and those who want to watch tomorrow.  Janice)

Early reports of the New York City Nurse-In to protest anti-breastfeeding comments on TV show "The View", show it to have been a great success.
The "official" count from the NYC organizer was 300 people - they used over 160 name tags, and they know that not everyone signed-in, and not everyone got a name tag.

Supporting nurse-ins were at affilate ABC stations in Redding, CA (4 moms and babes)  Cleveland OH (4 moms and babes), Tucson, AZ (17 moms, 2 dads, 33kids & 2-3 minutes coverage on local evening news), Charlotte, NC (10-12 moms, short on-camera interview)

Media:
New York Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/07/nyregion/07nurse.html?pagewanted=1
(you need to register to get in or use the www.bugmenot.com password
The NY times login is:  fartina  (password) dogdoo)

New York Daily News
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/local/story/316620p-270873c.html

LA Daily News (a shortened version of the NYTimes article)
http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1413,200~20954~2907447,00.html
Chicago Tribune
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-0506070206jun07,1,343735.story?coll=chi-newsnationworld-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true
San Fransisco Gate
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/06/07/MNGLSD4NJN1.DTL

From Norfolk Virginia
small article and picture
http://www.wvec.com/news/local/stories/wvec_local_060605_breastfeed_protest.2e9c7017e.html
(Make sure to watch the video clip, its great!)
and online discussion at
http://www.wvec.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=363
(not so important, I'd skip this for now, unless you have a lot of time/interest)
http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/story.cfm?story=87433&ran=49764

PHOTOS:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/v_mijo/album?.dir=/f889&.src=ph
more pictures