Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 17:40:49 -0400
If Lucas is saying that all you need to prevent NEC is SIgA, then I mistrust
everything else he says, including all the stuff he has written in support
of breastfeeding.  Nobody knows what causes NEC, and nobody knows what it is
in breastmilk, out of dozens of immune factors, that might protect.

I have heard that Lucas is going around for the formula company pushing
fortifiers and preterm breastmilk for some time now.  Has he sold out?

Jack Newman, MD, FRCPC