From:
Morgan Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 2009 22:27:47 +0000
I'd argue that appropriate and safe closing down of lactation, is a
service mothers have need off.

I'm not saying you have to take that on, as you, but it is an
appropriate health concern for the mother who has chosen to refuse the
baby.  So if it's not in your remit, then would it be in your remit to
make sure she does get the help from somewhere?

Hope that makes sense.  I always feel women need to be told in
pregnancy, how to safely close down their lactation, if they refuse the
baby.  Some don't seem to realise they will lactate - they've not ticked
the box.  :-(

And I imagine the pump question, would depend on whether or not there is
a plugged duct.  And I can't seen how hand expression wouldn't be better
all round anyway.

Morgan Gallagher