From:
Marsha Glass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 16:30:06 -0500
How serendipitous that this topic came up now when I have just read the
last bit of The Scientification of Love by Michel Odent.  He makes a
compelling case for Mary delivering by herself while Joseph was trying
to find a midwife!  In a particularly thought-provoking paragraph, he
says,

"She (Mary) found herself in a stable, among other mammals.  Without
words, her companions helped her to understand that on that day, she had
to accept her mammalian condition.  She had to cope with her human
handicap and disregard the effervescence of her intellect.  She had to
release the same hormones as other parturient mammals, through the same
gland, i.e. the primitive part of the brain that we all have in common."

He goes on to describe how this led to breastfeeding under the best of
circumstances hormonally (which is what the book is largely about).  He
describes a beautifully natural scene of mother and newborn using only
the tools God gave them (hormones, instincts, physical features and the
like) to have the birth and first breastfeeding experience we were all
designed to have!  It really is quite touching!

Marsha

Mothers have as powerful an influence over the welfare of future
generations as all other earthly causes combined.