Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2014 15:16:04 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (17 lines)
Hi everyone!  I have been reading Lactnet for quite awhile but have never posted.  I want to thank everyone in advance for your time.
I have been working with a mother that has what appears to be a milk blister that she cannot get rid of.  She has given me permission to post. This is her third child.  She has a history of mastitis and plugged ducts with her first two.  I saw her when she was in the hospital after delivery and mentioned lecithin.  She was concerned about the soy and opted not to try it. 
Her baby was born on June 12.  She was treated for mastitis and noticed the milk blister on June 18.  She was feeling better after the antibiotics but the blister was still there and very painful.  She started her second round of antibiotics on July 15 after once again developing a fever, hard and painful breast.  She has tried everything to try to resolve it, including having her OB to lance it with a sterile needle.
I observed a feeding with her on July 15 and noticed that the baby cannot maintain a good seal at the breast.  She swallows a lot of air at feedings.  She appears to have a class 3 lip tie.  She has an appointment with a pediatric dentist for a laser revision in the next few weeks.  Now I'm wondering if she possibly has a posterior tongue tie as well.  Everything I'm reading says that they go together.
Thanks!

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2