From:
Lisa Marasco IBCLC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 1997 13:40:47 -0800
> Can anyone tell me the
>mechanism, if any, by which this may be true?  Thank you, and I'm very glad
>to be a part of these sharing sessions!

Mary, I'll be thrilled if someone on Lactnet can answer this question. My
own theory is based in my observation that some galactogogues seem to
have some applications in common..  Metoclopramide is for reflux/stomach
acid, etc, domperidone is an anti-nausea drug, fenugreek is for
"disorders of the stomach," lowering of high cholesterol and reducing
insulin resistance,  and oat bran (in oatmeal) lowers blood cholesterol.
You have two overlapping groups here-- "stomach" stuff and "cholesterol"
stuff. I hope that someone researches this further and figures it out.

-Lisa Marasco, BA, IBCLC