From:
Charlotte Keever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jul 2005 11:32:37 -0500
I am a lurker, but want to let you know what I'd done on this topic.  I went
to the Victoria's Secret website and sent them the following email.  I
really love their products, and wish they would carry some breastfeeding
bras. I hope we can get them to change, nationwide, and develop a policy of
their own for breastfeeding.  Here is what I sent them:

I am writing today to make a suggestion.  As a former nursing mother and an
International Board Certified Lactation Consultant working in Arlington,
Texas, I see around 200 new breastfeeding moms a month.  When asked where to
find a nursing bra or where to get measured for one, I feel I cannot point
them in the direction of your store because you don't sell them and don't
support breastfeeding.

For over 10 years, I have purchased only your bras and panties to meet my
own needs, except when I was pregnant and nursing.

I think it would make a big impact on our nation and for your company to
have a new line of bras and panties that meet this huge sector of the
population. Pregnant and nursing moms are sexy too, but there just aren't
many nursing or pregnancy undergarments out there that help us feel this
way.  You can do this!!

Also, having a quiet corner that a mother can nurse in, and encouraging your
employees nationwide that breastfeeding can be done in one of your beautiful
fitting rooms when a mother requests it (not in a restroom- who eats in
there?) would also impact both your stores (profit) and your customers
(support).  You are a great company, but you are neglecting a big sector of
them by neglecting to sell nursing bras and leaving them to go elsewhere
when they are pregnant and nursing, especially when they need to feed their
babies.  I hope you will discuss this at your next board meeting and begin
the process of implementing this change.  Otherwise, I may be forced to go
to a department store!

Thank you for your time,
Charlotte Keever, IBCLC, RLC
Arlington, Texas