From:
Wiedmeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 07:10:48 -0600
Hello,

I am an LLL Leader in Wisconsin who's been lurking for several months,
learning a lot!  Never thought I'd have much to add to these enlightened
conversations, but this comment from Michelle Scott is one I can't refrain
from responding to:

Anyway I hope that the =
> 32 oz per baby limit has been laid to rest as an unfounded, unresearched =
> tidbit of info---which dies hard, and gets repeated like a mantra for =
> infant care everywhere I turn!

Don't I wish!  I work in a birth-3 home visiting program, and hear regularly
from formula feeding mothers that their doctors have instructed them to
begin cereal as early as 2 months, because baby is consuming 32 ounces of
formula daily, and seeming to want more.  AND, they tell the mothers now
their babies will sleep through the night . . .  21st century, here we come,
less educated than before.

Peggy Wiedmeyer, LLL Leader
Glenbeulah  WI