From:
Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 May 1995 16:54:10 -0400
Hi Catherine,

I wonder if the moms that have sore nipples don't quit because it is a
mechanical problems (or viewed as such) that seemingly has an end in sight,
while the moms with latch on problems feel as though the baby is rejecting
them, "likes the bottle better than me" and doesn't see an end in sight?  I
really like the article by Widstrom - I think in Acta Paed. Scand re the
importance of the rooting reflex in observing latch on.  (Can't remember the
exact reference, but I think it was early spring of '93 or '94).

Jan B.