From:
Susan Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 10:04:21 -0700
My vote is to stick with the basics -- make sure
everyone knows what you do, keep it open-ended with an
eye to future expansion of the concept, and be wary of
names that make women uncomfortable or invite mockery.
 Words like "baby" and "toddler" are limiting and
slang words don't amuse the masses.  Your location
might be a jazzy addition to the name and useful since
it tells people where you are -- very important!  The
"Brookdale Mothers Group" tells people where you are
and "assumes" mothers nurse -- as long as your
brochures/ads run a description of networking and
discussion for nursing mothers.

If you want the word to spread, I think it helps to
have a name everyone feels comfortable sharing.  After
all, each mom who attends wears the name.

Susan Johnson MFA, IBCLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA