Date:
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 20:52:37 EDT
Someone inquired about the Purely Yours pump, which I was also told was a
closed system.  I do believe that there would be much less chance of
contamination with this type of system, but my point on ebay is that they do
not screen what is auctioned.  They rely on people such as us to contact them
when an inappropriate item is for auction, and that will get tedious with
over 170 breastpumps up for auction.  That is why I feel they should not
allow breastpumps at all on ebay.  I wrote Medela and asked for the place
that they found that the FDA considers a breastpump a single user item.  When
they write back, I plan on letting ebay know this too.  Maybe if we all
looked up the pumps for a week or so and went to the community watch site and
ALL let them know which pumps are used they will get sooooo tired of
confirming our mail that they will just take the pumps off!!  Claudia