From:
Lee-Ann Halbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 10:53:22 -0700
Help, please.
I have a mom who has given me permission to post this...she has a 2 1/2
you toddler (not nursing) and a 4 mo nursling.  The mom gets migraines
approx every 2 weeks, for which she takes ZOMIG (2.5 mg.  An additional
2.5 2 hours later if she is not relieved).  The dr who treats her for the
mograines and the ped both say to pump and dump for 24 hours after last
zomig dose.
I've checked the archives for zomig (zolmitriptan), but I came up empty.
 She is thinking of stopping the nursing...says it is too much to keep
getting engorged every 2 weeks...then, the stress of not nursing and
having the 2 crying kids makes her migraine worse, so she needs another
tablet, and then has to wait another 24 hours (per the drs).
I've dealt with the engorgement, etc.
Info about the zomig, please?  She is also on fioricet (1 tab prn
migraines), but I did not get an archive return yet.
Thanks...
Lee-Ann Halbert, RN, IBCLC