Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2012 19:46:06 -0700
I personally didn't menstruate until my kids were about 14 months old (both
times), and I've known lots of other women who have experienced similar or
longer 'holidays'.

Based on my observations and reading of the LAM research, the key is
co-sleeping - contact at night (not necessarily nursing frequency at night)
seems to be critical for many in keeping ovulation at bay.

Ingrid

Ingrid Tilstra
La Leche League Canada Leader
International Board Certified Lactation Consultant