From:
Rachel Myr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jul 2011 12:55:39 +0200
If the people who might use such recipes did not find them on these
websites, can we assume they would do something more appropriate to get
their children fed?  Sadly, I doubt it.  Not sure what the solution might
be, but I wonder what might happen if more people bothered asking themselves
'who benefits from this?' before they followed advice.

Could the die-hard myth about goat's milk being suitable for human children
stem from the word 'kid' used to denote the young of both species?   And
quinoa milk?!  This might have been the basis of the first Nestlé beverages
if monsieur Nestlé had been from S. America and not Europe, probably with
equally unsuccessful outcomes.  That wouldn't have stopped anyone, of
course.

Gullibility is still not a crime.  Would be interesting to know whether
there are particular educational methods or systems that are more or less
effective in promoting the ability to think critically, even in people who
have not had their CNS development hampered by being fed grain drinks or the
secretions of other mammalian species' udders.

Go to http://xkcd.com/386/ to see how a cartoonist has treated the theme
'incorrect info online'

Rachel Myr
Kristiansand, Norway