From:
"m.stenroos" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2001 21:31:37 +0300
From: "Cheryl Taylor White" <[log in to unmask]>

> > >One of the things that interests me is that not all
women transmit cow's
> > milk proteins through their milk.
>
> Where is this information taken from?  I'd like to read
more.  It is
> contradictory to what I've seen.

All this allergy and breasteeding thing has been researched
and discussed a lot lately in Finland. There have been a
couple of articles in some well known international medical
journals but I can't find any references right now. This one
is a doctoral thesis and also contains some info on the
bovine protein transmission subject:

 http://ethesis.helsinki.fi/julkaisut/laa/kliin/vk/jarvinen/

University of Helsinki, Helsinki 2000

Human Milk Immunology in Relation to the Development of
Cow's Milk Allergy in the Breast-fed
Kirsi-Marjut Järvinen
Academic Dissertation, September 2000.
University of Helsinki, Faculty of Medicine, Institute of
Clinical Medicine, Skin and Allergy Hospital, Department of
Dermatology

---

My short intro, now that I've finally done a bit unlurking:
I'm Minna Stenroos from Helsinki, Finland. I've been
admiringly reading this wonderful, wonderful list for a
couple of years now (since -97 or -98). Being the listowner
and webmaster of a Finnish mom-to-mom bf support mailing
list I might call myself a some kind of self educated bf
peer support person and bf advocate. Besides of that I'm
co-writing a mom-to-mom bf support book in Finnish (yet to
be published) and translating (very slowly...) the
interesting Baumslag&Michels book _Milk, Money, and Madness_
into Finnish.

Sorry, no initials and no great wisdom, as you may notice,
but I'm really greatful for all the knowledge, experience
and enthusiasm I've seen here. This list is a great
treasure. And of course, the greatest guru on my path has
been my own baby Ilmari, who now seems to have weaned
himself (last bf session was last saturday, I think) after 4
years and 4 weeks of eager bf.

Thank You!

Back to lurking,

Minna S