From:
cillakat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jun 2007 19:19:39 -0400
<<The last available research on this topic of maternal
supplementation was to supplement mom with 6400 IU>>

It's unfortunate that the study was so short.    It's likely that
supplementation at these rates will eventually lead to
hypervitaminosis D (this is where I differ from McCannell and Hollick
and the like).  I know hcp's who do test and treat hypovitaminosis D
and they find that with supplements, it builds slowly over time and
*keeps* building...which is not the case with sun.

If my levels are ideal at 2000 IU per day (from all sources), where
does that put me following the 6400 IU recommendation?  In a risky
place most likely.

It's unfortunate that D recommendations might likely swing from one
end of extreme to the other....both of them wraught with serious
health consequences.

katherine in atl