From:
Dawn Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 08:12:17 -0600
> I'd add the kettle and a supply of clean water....in the UK, powdered
> feeds are prepared with boiled water from the kettle (is that not
> true everywhere?).

 Heather,
I'd always heard to use cooled boiled water to mix powdered abm until the
baby was at least four months old.  In my recent experience taking in a
foster child through CPS no one seemed concerned about this (or other rather
alarming safety precautions, such as sterilizing new bottles & nipples or
installing car seats properly).  AND this was for a sickly babe under 2
months of age.  My guess now is that thousands of folks mix formula with
warm tap water.
Dawn
foster mom to Kayla who is quite healthy now thanks to Mothers' Milk Bank of
Austin and a cooperative pediatrician