From:
Mary Broadfoot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 1996 18:59:09 +0100
As far as I know the research on DHA added to formula showed an improvement
over 'old-style' formula, but it still didn't give the results that
breastmilk did.

I was surprised to see that DHA is to be available as a supplement for
adults - isn't the point about DHA and young infants that they are unable
to manufacture it for themselves, developing the ability as they get older?
 If you add artificial DHA to an adult diet, would it then get passed to
the child via placenta or milk in preference to mother made DHA?  Would
that make a difference to the child?

Thanks Jon for alerting us to this.  My thoughts for a pre-emptive strike
would be along the lines of  ' Even when they catch up they're still
behind....'

Mary Broadfoot, Paisley, Scotland