From:
Cheryl Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 21:01:21 -0500
Hello, Everyone!

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who responded to my post about
Breast and Bottle Sucking Patterns and Teaching Strategies.  I received some
good private posts as well.  I very much appreciate what was said about
teaching paced bottle feeding, and yes, I do have a copy of Dee Kassing's
excellent article.  But, I am not the one who will be teaching paced bottle
fdg. at our conference; one of our keynote speakers will be addressing that.
  I was asked to do a skills session about the difference between breast and
bottle sucking patterns but because of all the feedback I will probably
modify that topic somewhat and incorporate some of the suggestions like
straws and funnels and spray bottles.  Those were exactly the kind of
strategies I was looking for!  And I'll leave paced bottle feeding to our
expert.  Thanks, again!

Cherie Price, PA, LCCE, CD(DONA), LLLL(Reserve), IBCLC
Virginia Beach, VA, where we had an unusually warm and spring-like day!  By
the way, did anybody watch Jeopardy! (an American TV game show) tonight?
One of the teens on the program tonight goes to High School with two of my
teens!